Dinner doesn’t have to be a big deal. Sure, we all love the Thanksgiving and Christmas meals, but who can do that every night? Especially when you’re at home with just mum, because your dad (the cook) is with your brother at an all-day soccer game, you need a simple idea.
Today, my simple idea became the cooking theme of the day. It was SFSITF (Sandwiches From Stuff In The Fridge). Breakfast was basically apples between bread. For lunch, I made a sriracha aioli BLT. For dinner, I had a sriracha aioli pork panini. So that made the sriracha aioli the sauce of the day. It’s spicy, creamy and rich, and can make any sandwich a good sandwich.
Here are the recipe ingredients to my quick and easy pork sandwich. I used:
- 100% whole wheat bread
- sriracha aioli sauce on the inside of each slice
- a little mozzarella on top of the aioli sauce to make the sandwich stick
- roast pork tenderloin from last night’s supper
- roasted red peppers out of a jar
- three shredded fresh basil leaves
- onion and garlic pieces fried first in a separate frying pan
- a little butter on the outside of each slice of bread, for frying
The secret to the grill lines on the sandwich is that I used an actual stovetop panini pan. However, you can use any fry pan and a heavy pot lid to make the sandwich stick.
I hope you enjoy the simplicity of this idea, SFSITF (Sandwiches From Stuff In The Fridge) — with a sauce of your choosing. If you have any ideas on other SFSITF’s comment in the section below. Thanks for reading!